Thursday, July 7, 2011

1 Month Down.


So I know this is a small mile marker, but Alex and I have officially been married one month! (2 days ago actually)
And today we got the wedding albums in that I put together after we got our wedding pictures from the wonderful Cat Satre. I wish I would have put them all in one book, but I was worried I was going to burst the seams with all the pages I was adding! Anyways, I am so excited to actually have tangible pictures. I don't want it to come off vain, but I absolutely LOVE our pictures. So if anyone is looking so an amazing photographer, this is my shout out to Cat. She is awesome and so fun to have photograph your wedding! 

Here are a few of my favorites...
(This barely puts a dent into how many great shots we have)





When I got these pictures, I was able to actually reflect on everything this day meant to me. I'm sure any married couple would say the same, but the day of the wedding goes by so fast and there are so many moments you miss. If I could, I would go back and do it over, and over, and over again just to relive those moments with so many people I love. We didn't get a videographer, but my uncle used a video camera to capture those moments in motion, and I loved being able to watch those. It was kind of life watching everything happen as a fly on the wall. I know that sounds weird, but it was fun to just see what everybody was doing and all their reactions even when I was focused on something else. It is such a blessing to look at those pictures and watch the video clips and see how many people we have around us that support us in our marriage. We are so blessed with such amazing friends and family and to have them all support us and encourage us through this time in our lives together.

Life has been so fun to go through this with Alex. I had quite a few people tell me the first year of marriage is the hardest. And I know we aren't very far into that year, but it really has been so much easier than I expected. And I don't mean easy like we don't have to work at it, but the transition has been so smooth. I was worried it would be hard for me to get used to seeing boy stuff everywhere, and that we would have trouble figuring out how each other lives and does things. We do a lot of things differently and we are both very stubborn and want to do it our way, but we have learned to be patient and work with each other a lot. Even when we disagree it's easier for us to talk about and work through. I have just loved watching him and noticing all his quirks and the funny things he does. He already makes fun of me for doing this blog, so I won't share too much of that stuff about him cause he'll probably just make even more fun of me. But needless to say, he keeps life fun and interesting. It's easy for me to get too focused and stressed about things, but he just enjoys life and that slows me down some time. So he balances me out pretty well.

All that to say, I've realized that everything in life doesn't have to be perfect, but having the ones I love around me is most important. And if you're reading this you're probably one of them. So if I haven't gotten the chance to talk to you recently, or if I saw you yesterday, I hope you know how much I love you and feel so lucky to have you in my life.

The End. 




1 comment:

  1. Great things to learn at this special time of your life! Love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete