Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Cake

This has become my most recent obsession and I think I am declaring it my signature cake. I think you have to completely create something from scratch to call it your "Signature" dish, but I'm going with it anyways. I found this recipe on Pinterest and have been in love ever since. It's pretty easy to make and it is delicious! But I've decided whenever I'm asked to bring something to a party or just feel like baking, this will most likely be it.



There are 3 Steps.

First, start with the cake batter.
In a mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla

After everything is mixed, slowly stir in 1/2 cup of melted butter. Then pour batter into a 9x13 greased pan.

Then mix the topping.
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon

The first time I accidentally put white sugar in and it gave it a little crunch. I liked that so I have continued to do that.

Drop the topping evenly over the batter and swirl in with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes, depending on your oven. It is a pretty thick batter so mine usually takes the full time.

While it is baking, mix up the glaze.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla.
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (original recipe doesn't call for this, but I think it adds to it.)

While the cake is still warm drizzle the glaze over the cake. It is best if served warm. And trust me, you won't be disappointed. I will definitely be making this for my family when we're home for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment